I am not sad to see September go. I have nothing against the month, but I don't necessarily look forward to it either. While it does bring the start of the NFL season, now that October is here it is truly underway.
But it isn't that I don't like September as much as it is that I truly enjoy the month of October. What is too like about October you ask?
1) It is completely acceptable to order drinks like hot chocolate and apple cider.
2) Columbus Day brings a day off of work.
3) The leaves on the trees change (although raking them up does suck).
4) The temperatures cool down but don't get so cold that you still can't be outside.
5) There are many opportunities to wear my favorite type of outfit: Hoodie sweatshirt and shorts.
6) Halloween allows for us to dress up our kids and watch them have a grand time.
7) Homecoming happens both at the school I work at and at Wartburg College.
Plus, as if all of this wasn't enough, it is also one month closer to November, which brings with it the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving. Mmm...thanksgiving. More on that later. Can't think about it now for too long or I will start craving things like sweet potatoes and turkey when I should be thinking about bed.
Chris Thomas is a full-time teacher, part-time freelance writing, father of three, and most importantly, a very, very tired man.
© 2018 LookItsChris.com Productions